You are here
We're delighted to welcome you back into our spaces!
It’s been too long and we have missed you. Library service is going to look a little bit different in this "new normal", so please review the information below about the new processes and safety measures in place.
Some library services will be available on a drop-in basis, while others will be available by reservation only.
In-library holds pickup
Browse our collection in person
Faxing (Central only)
By Reservation Only
Billie's Book Picks
Need children’s books? Billie Bookbot can help!
Billie’s Book Picks are special surprise bags filled with 5-10 hand-selected books. Choose between Picture Books, Board Books, Early Readers, Comics & Graphic Novels, Non-Fiction and Chapter Books.
Having trouble deciding what to read next?
To help you along, we are offering handpicked selections of books, magazines, and dvds. Each bundle will contain 5 items in your chosen format. Tell us what you are looking for and we will take it from there!
Do you need resources for your classroom? Are you homeschooling and looking for books to help supplement at-home learning?
Let us know what you are looking for and we will put together a kit of 10 resources to help with your student’s learning.
What's Not Available
Some library services will remain unavailable during this phase of reopening. These include:
In-person library programs
Toys and play areas in our Children's departments
Toy Collection at Pioneer Park
Extended library visits
Common seating areas
Newspapers, magazines and musical instruments
Study rooms and meeting room rentals
Audio and Digital Media Production
How we're keeping you safe
- Occupancy limits, per Provincial guidelines
- Providing hand sanitizer and face masks, as needed
- Reorganized spaces for physical distancing, including barriers at service points
- Isolating all returned and heavily browsed materials for 24 hours
- Increased sanitation schedule
- Staff training on safety measures
What you can do to help
- Stay home if you are feeling unwell, have a fever, new cough, or difficulty breathing
- Wear a face covering
- Practice physical distancing
- Wash or sanitize your hands before entering the building, and frequently throughout your visit
- Limit the duration of your visit