You are here
Libraries are open for expanded in-person services under Step Three of the Provincial Roadmap to Reopen.
Learn more about what's available, what's not and how we are keeping you safe.
The library continues to provide the following contact-free services at this time:
The following in-library services are available:
Browsing library collections
In-person holds pickup
Grace Schmidt Room (appointment only)
Study seats (reservation only)
Desktop computers (reservation only)
Heffner Studio workstations (reservation only)
Photocopying and scanning
Faxing (Central Library only)
Billie's Book Picks
Need children’s books? Billie Bookbot can help!
Billie’s Book Picks are special surprise bags filled with 5-10 hand-selected books. Choose between Picture Books, Board Books, Early Readers, Comics & Graphic Novels, Non-Fiction and Chapter Books.
Having trouble deciding what to read next?
To help you along, we are offering handpicked selections of books, magazines, and dvds. Each bundle will contain 5 items in your chosen format. Tell us what you are looking for and we will take it from there!
Do you need resources for your classroom? Are you homeschooling and looking for books to help supplement at-home learning?
Let us know what you are looking for and we will put together a kit of 10 resources to help with your student’s learning.
What's Not Available
Some of our collections and services remain unavailable at this time. These include:
Macbooks and Chromebooks
In-person library programs
Recording and broadcast studios
Toys and children's play areas
Common seating areas
How we're keeping you safe
- Occupancy limits, per Provincial guidelines
- Providing hand sanitizer for all customers
- Reorganized spaces for physical distancing, including barriers at service points
- Increased sanitation schedule
- Staff training on safety measures
What you can do to help
- Stay home if you are feeling unwell, have a fever, new cough, or difficulty breathing
- Wear a face covering
- Practice physical distancing
- Wash or sanitize your hands before entering the building, and frequently throughout your visit
- Limit the duration of your visit
- Be kind!